Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches.
Chiropractic care practices a drug-free, hands-on approach to health care that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment. Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and are also trained to recommend therapeutic an
d rehabilitative exercises, as well as nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling
Functional rehabilitation is an extension of the traditional elements of physical therapy, the purpose of which is to help patients perform every day movements of their job, sports, or other activities of daily living. Functional rehabilitation is designed to progress the patient from simple activities, such as walking to specific activities that require refined levels of proprioceptive acuity to enable the patient to participate at pre-injury levels.
A form of electrical stimulation therapy, Interferential current therapy is a treatment to aid the relief of pain and the promotion of soft-tissue healing. Tiny electrical impulses are induced into the tissues in the area of the pain. Where these waves intersect below the surface of the skin, the low-frequency stimulation induces the body to secrete endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain-killers. Most patients find interferential therapy to be very beneficial and describe the treatment as being relaxing and having a ‘pins and needles’ sensation.
Ultrasound is a form of heat treatment for soft tissue injuries which utilizes high frequency sound waves. The sound waves vibrate tissues deep inside the injured area. This creates heat that draws more blood into the tissues. The tissues then respond to healing nutrients brought in by the blood and the repair process begins.
The Kinesio Taping? Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body?s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio? Tex Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions.
The Kinesio? Taping Method is a therapeutic taping technique not only offering your patient the support they are looking for, but also rehabilitating the affected condition as well. By targeting different receptors within the somatosensory system, Kinesio? Tex Tape alleviates pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting affect forms convolutions in the skin thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation of the affected areas.
There is no better way to rejuvenate your health than by eating more nutritiously. In fact, even a few simple changes in your diet and lifestyle can have a positive impact on your health-and can also prevent a variety of health problems in the future.
The traditional coffee and doughnuts for breakfast; a hamburger for lunch-or no lunch; candy, cookies, and a soft drink for a snack; followed by a huge dinner with more protein than a person needs-are unhealthy dietary choices. As a result, younger people are starting to suffer from heart disease-not only because of poor diet, but also because of an epidemic of inactivity.
Let M3 Chiropractic and Wellness assist you with your lifestyle and dietary changes of a balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, exercise regularly, and augment your balanced diet with appropriate nutritional supplements.
Massage is the working of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques, to enhance function, aid in the healing process, and promote relaxation and well-being.
Massage involves working and acting on the body with pressure ? structured, unstructured, stationary, or moving ? tension, motion, or vibration, done manually or with mechanical aids. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, skin, joints, or other connective tissue, as well as lymphatic vessels, or organs of the gastrointestinal system. Massage can be applied with the hands, fingers, elbows, knees, forearm, and feet.
Throughout the world, cold laser therapy is used to heal acute/chronic pain, back pain, carpal tunnel, arthritis pain, Fibromyalgia, tennis elbow, muscle strain, bursitis, tendonitis, scar tissue and other injuries. The goal of cold laser therapy is to deliver light energy units (in photons) to damaged cells. Photons are absorbed by the cells and stimulate the mitochondria to accelerate production of ATP. The biochemical increase in cell energy helps accelerate the bodies healing process by transforming cells from a state of damage to a stable, healthy state. Treatments are painless, drug-free, and non-invasive. Most importantly, they are effective.
Infrared saunas are an effective tool for natural healing and prevention. Infrared light has the ability to penetrate human tissue which in turn produces a host of anti-aging health benefits making infrared saunas one of the “hottest” therapies for overall healthier living. If you want to get yourself back into balance, an infrared sauna may be the ticket to achieving your wellness goals.
How can you benefit from Infrared Sauna Therapy?
- Weight Loss: Being in a hyperthermic state due to the increased core body temperature increases blood circulation, especially to the capillaries, converts fat and increases heart rate. It is possible to burn upwards to 600+ calories in a single 30 minute session in an infrared sauna.
- Full Cardiovascular Workout: Medical studies have documented infrared therapy lowers blood pressure, improves blood circulation and re-balances the body’s metabolism.
- Pain Relief and Healing: Infrared heat provides relief for arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle pain, carpal tunnel, and joint pain. Healing time for damaged tissues, muscles, tendons, and ligaments are greatly reduced. The increase of blood circulation and vasodilatation of blood vessels increases beneficial nitric oxide and healing oxygen to the distressed areas, while removing toxins and lactic acid.
- Detoxification: Infrared heat therapy is one of the safest and most efficient detoxification methods for your whole body expelling harmful environmental toxins, insoluble chemical residues and dangerous heavy metals from the human body.
- Psoriasis and other skin conditions: Psoriasis and many other skin disorders actually originate in the liver. When certain toxins are ingested, the liver does not have the ability to break down, metabolize and excrete the toxins. The toxins are sent to the skin for elimination via sweat. When the toxins hit the cells just below the skin, the body overproduces skin cells by a factor of 10,000. The toxins come out on the dead skin cells. By sweating regularly and profusely, the toxins are eliminated via the sweat and sebaceous glands as opposed to through the shedding of skin. The dramatic increase in circulation to the skin that comes with infrared sauna use is also a major factor in toning, tightening and rejuvenating the skin.
- Immune System: Increased Production of white blood cells, killer t-cells and interferon and toxin removal through sweating combines to improve immunity against chronic infections, influenza, sinus, allergy symptoms, germs and bacteria.